May 19, 2019 You can add classic WordArt to Word 2003 and Word 2007 documents opened in Word 2010 or Word 2013 by adding the WordArt (compatibility mode) control to your Word 2010 and Word 2013 ribbon or quick access toolbar. Unlike in Word 2003 and 2007, classic WordArt added with Word 2010 and Word 2013 using this method begin life as a floating shape object.
Word Art Generator
Word Art Creator
Personal website of Gregory K. Maxey, Commander USN (Retired)
Word Art Generator Without Downloading Download
- Cool Fonts Online - Cool Fancy Stylish Font Generator is an online tool that provides a good way to instantly change fonts for your text. Looking for beautiful font styles to write status or send messages on social networks like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.? Then look no further, just go to coolfont.org! This tool has a large selection of.
- WordItOut is the word cloud generator that gives you control with many custom settings. Free to use and no sign up required! Customise more settings than any other word cloud generator; Create word clouds from sentences, whole documents or tables. Decide how to filter that text, which words to display or remove, and tweak their importance with.
Do you have ad-blocking software enabled? While I respect your right to do so, your donations and the minimal advertisements on this site help to defray internet and other costs of providing this content. Please consider excluding this website from blocking or turning off the blocker while browsing this site.
The information, illustrations and code contained in my 'Microsoft Word Tips' are provided free and without risk or obligation.
However, the work is mine. If you use it for commercial purposes or benefit from my efforts through income earned or time saved then a donation, however small, will help to ensure the continued availability of this resource.
If you would like to donate, please use the appropriate donate button to access PayPal. Thank you!
This Microsoft Word Tips & Microsoft Word Help page discusses some of the peculiarities users may experience when working with 'classic' WordArt in Word 2010/2013. It also contains a few observations on 'new' WordArt.
For the purpose of this tips page, I define 'classic' WordArt to be WordArt that has the properties of WordArt created in Word versions 2003/2007. Compared to the 'new' WordArt, or WordArt created with Word 2010/2013, classic WordArt is likely more familiar to long time Word users, and offers a broader range of initial styles.
The initial 'classic' and 'new' WordArt styles (i.e., text effects) are illustrated below. For reasons known only to the Word 2013 developers, the available WordArt Styles (predefined text effects) was reduced from thirty (30) in Word 2010 to fifteen (15) in Word 2013.
Classic WordArt Styles Gallery (Word 2003/2007)
WordArt Styles Word 2010
WordArt Styles Word 2013
Note: The actual appearance of the styles (text effects) in the Word 2010/2013 galleries will change depending on the theme colors applied in the document.
WordArt objects in Word 2003 and Word 2007 are basically the same. The difference is the user interface for inserting and formatting the object (a menu and toolbar for Word 2003, the ribbon and a contextual tab for Word 2007).
- Both begin life as an inline shape object with a text effect applied. The available predefined text effects are the same in both Word versions.
- To be rotated in the document, both must be converted from an inline shape object to a shape object; either programmatically or by layout formatting (e.g., square, tight, behind, in front of text).
- Both Word 2003 and Word 2007 documents containing classic WordArt can be opened in either Word 2010 or Word 2013. The WordArt objects in these documents retain their classic properties and can be further edited or refined using the WordArt Tools Format contextual tab.
- Classic WordArt can be copied from Word 2003 or Word 2007 documents and pasted into a Word 2010 document. WordArt pasted in Word 2010 documents retains its classic properties and can be further edited or refined using the WordArt Tools Format contextual tab.
- Both Word 2003 and Word 2007 documents containing classic WordArt opened in Word 2010 can be converted to Word 2010 format documents. The WordArt objects in these documents retain their classic WordArt properties and can be further edited or refined using the WordArt Tools Format contextual tab.
- Classic WordArt copied and pasted in Word 2013 documents 'do not' retain their classic WordArt properties. These objects are converted to a standard inline shape object that can be further edited or refined using the Drawing Tools contextual tab.
- Both Word 2003 and Word 2007 documents containing classic WordArt opened in Word 2010 can be converted to Word 2013 format documents. The WordArt objects in these documents after conversion 'do not' retain their classic WordArt properties. These objects can be further edited or refined using the Drawing Tools contextual tab.
Classic WordArt object pasted in a Word 2013 document.
- You can add classic WordArt to Word 2003 and Word 2007 documents opened in Word 2010 or Word 2013 by adding the WordArt (compatibility mode) control to your Word 2010 and Word 2013 ribbon or quick access toolbar.
- Unlike in Word 2003 and 2007, classic WordArt added with Word 2010 and Word 2013 using this method begin life as a floating shape object.
Classic WordArt begins life in Word 2000/2013 documents as a floating shape object
- The WordArt (compatibility mode) control is dimmed and unavailable when a Word 2010 or Word 2013 format document is the active document.
At this point, it appears that there is no way to use the familiar classic WordArt in a Word 2013 format document in Word 2013.
- Fortunately a VBA technique can be employed to create classic WordArt objects in both Word 2010 and Word 2013 format documents.
- WordArt objects created using this method can be either floating or inline.
- Additionally, and best of all, the WordArt Tools Format contextual tab is available in both Word 2010 and Word 2013 when this method is used.
WordArt inserted using a VBA procedure.
The procedure used is simple and can easily be added to the a keyboard shortcut or the QAT.
See: Installing Macros for instructions on how to set up and use the macros provided in this Microsoft Word Help & Microsoft Word Tips page. This link provides another link that shows you how to add the macro to the QAT.
New WordArt begins life as a floating shape object (textbox type) with a set of predefined text effects applied to the default text.
Note: Showing Word 2010 WordArt Styles Gallery
The effects available to further edit and refine the default entry in practically unlimited. For example you can use the Drawing Tools Format contextual tab and the Text Effect tools to apply countless variations of shadow, reflection, glow, bevel, rotation and transformation effects.
Forumemv software. Due to known issues in the application object model, it is impossible to programmatically insert a WordArt object with one of the new predefined WordArt styles applied, or programmatically create and insert your own WordArt styles with certain properties applied that are available via the user interface.
These built-in styles and the user interface include properties that are simply not accessibly with the VBA object model (e.g., gradient stops, shadow angle and distance, line cap styles, etc.).
You can come close. For example, the following illustrates a WordArt object created programmatically compared to a similar WordArt object created using the new WordArt style gallery in a Word 2010 document.
Note: Remember, a Word 2010/2013 WordArt object is just a textbox with text effects applied to the content.
This is truly unfortunate considering the vastly expanded text effects formatting options available.
That's it! I hope you have found this tips page useful and informative.
Do you want to make a payment for consulting work or donate to help support this site?
PayPal is a safe, easy way to pay online.
Use the appropriate currency 'Donate' button to make a payment or donation.
Search my site or the web using Google Search Engine